Home > ASEAN 2016 > ASEAN 2016 LOGO & THEME
“Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community”
- ASEAN Leaders announced the establishment of the ASEAN Community on 31st December 2015 and adopted the ASEAN Community Vision 2025 and its three Blueprints at the 27th ASEAN Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The year 2016 is the first year not only for the ASEAN Community, but also for the implementation of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025.
- Therefore, Lao PDR’s ASEAN Chairmanship in 2016 is a period for ASEAN to focus its efforts on further strengthening the ASEAN Community by implementing the ASEAN Community Vision 2025, among others.
- As such, the Lao PDR has come up with the theme “Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community” as the theme for its ASEAN Chairmanship in 2016.
- The ten connected circles, comprising the eye and joint hands, around the ASEAN Emblem symbolize the bonded-together ASEAN Community.
- The eye represents the ASEAN Community Vision 2025.
- The joint hands reflect harmony, solidarity, close partnership as well as aspiration of the ASEAN Member States to further strengthen and prosper the ASEAN Community through the implementation of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025 in accordance with the theme “Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community”
The different colors used in the logo depicts :
Red: Boldness and Dynamics
Blue: Peace and Stability
Green: Growth and Harmony
Orange: Warmth and Happiness
- The colors, apart from representing the colors of the national flags of the ASEAN Member States, also demonstrate the diversity in ASEAN.
- “Laos 2016” indicates that the Lao PDR is the Chair of ASEAN in 2016.